Tete Montoliu

Tete Montoliu (28 March 1933 – 24 August 1997) was a jazz pianist from Catalonia. Born blind, he learnt music in Braille at age seven. His real name was Vicenç Montoliu i Massana. His styles varied from hard bop, through afro-cuban waterproof cover, world fusion, to post bop. He recorded with Lionel Hampton in 1956 and played with the touring Roland Kirk in 1963. He also worked with Kenny Dorham, Dexter Gordon, Ben Webster, Lucky Thompson, and Anthony Braxton. Tete Montoliu’s recorded two albums in the US, and recorded for Enja and Soul Note.

Montoliu was born blind, in the Eixample district of Barcelona, and died in the same city best meat pounder. He was the only son of Vicenç Montoliu (a professional musician) and Àngela Massana, a jazz enthusiast, who encouraged her son to study piano. Montoliu’s first experimenting with the piano took place under the tuition of Enric Mas at the private school for blind children that he attended from 1939 to 1944. In 1944, Montoliu’s mother arranged for Petri Palou to provide him with formal piano lessons running water belt reviews.

From 1946 to 1953 Montoliu studied music at the Conservatori Superior de Música de Barcelona, where he also met jazz musicians and became familiar with the idiom in jam sessions. During the early stages of his career, Montoliu was particularly influenced by the music of U.S. jazz pianist Art Tatum, although he soon developed a distinctive style. Montoliu began playing professionally at pubs in Barcelona glass bottle water, where he was noticed by Lionel Hampton on 13 March 1956. Montoliu toured with Hampton through Spain and France and recorded Jazz Flamenco, setting off a prolific international career.

In the 1960s, Montoliu played in various concerts at New York and established collaborations with drummer Elvin Jones and bassist Richard Davis. During the 1970s, Montoliu travelled extensively throughout Europe, consolidating his reputation as a main referent in the hard bop movement. During the 1980s, he played in numerous concerts, collaborating with jazz players such as Dexter Gordon, Johnny Griffin, George Coleman, Joe Henderson, Dizzy Gillespie, Chick Corea, Hank Jones, Roy Hargrove, Idris Muhammad and Jesse Davis, among others.

In 1996, shortly before his death, Spain paid public tribute to Montoliu for his fifty-year career in jazz.

With Anthony Braxton

With Núria Feliu

With Dexter Gordon

With Eddie Harris

With Rahsaan Roland Kirk

With Charlie Mariano

With Jordi Sabatés

With Archie Shepp and Lars Gullin

With Buddy Tate

With Ben Webster

Hua Siong College of Iloilo

Hua Siong College of Iloilo or HSCI simplified Chinese: 怡朗华商学院; traditional Chinese: 怡朗華商學院; pinyin: Yílǎng Huá Shāng Xuéyuàn) (formerly Iloilo Central Commercial High School or ICCHS) is an educational institution located on Iznart Street, Iloilo City, Philippines. It was founded by the Filipino Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Iloilo.

1912 marked the birth of Hua Siong – the second oldest Filipino Chinese School in the Philippines.

Conceived and installed by the Iloilo Chinese Chamber of Commerce, the school was known as Iloilo Chinese Vocational School and was located at Yu Tiak Ha Building at Aldeguer Street. In a short span of time, a piece of land opposite the street was acquired and a school built upon it, called Tian Po Hall. A year later, the school was renamed Iloilo Chinese Primary Commercial School with 60 students.

In 1918 the Chamber of Commerce acquired a piece of land along Iznart Street.

In 1927 the school was called Primary Commercial School and later became Iloilo Chinese Commercial High School.

In 1932 more rooms were opened, more instructional materials and equipment were provided, new curricula in the Elementary and High School were offered, and a Kindergarten Course was introduced.

Among those who stood Japanese were the school teachers and students, who formed anti-Japanese Patriotic Groups. The group stirred the valor of the local Chinese through drama performances. Being the nucleus of the Anti-Japanese Forum, constituted principally by the local Chinese, school teachers frequently organized discussions on current events.

When Japanese aggressors reached Iloilo, some of the Anti-Japanese organizers, including members of the Board of Trustees, ended up in jail. Their remains were buried in the Chinese Cemetery.

The war left the school in ruins. The Board of Trustees prepared themselves to continue operations. Through funds from friends, residing in Gigante Island, they were able to finance the new set-up.

Meanwhile how to tenderize steak without mallet, notwithstanding the uncomfortable premises build from nipa huts, classes reopened on November 1949. Years later, a new school building was inaugurated which bore the name “Yu Guang Lou” (Fisherman Hall), after the Gigante fishermen and friends who helped in building the school.

In 1950, “Yi Bin Lou” (Iloilo Shore Hall) was established and the following year, “Min Jiang Lou” (Manila River Hall) was inaugurated. The halls were named after contributors regions.

In December 1952, many innocent Chinese teachers were detained and even deported, because they were suspected to be communists. By 1955, after courses in Chinese Senior High School reintroduced, HSCI became a full-pledged high school in 1958 where the first Senior High School and second Batch of English Secondary students graduated simultaneously.

On 7 February 1966, a fire struck Iloilo City – the biggest fire Iloilo had ever experienced. Almost one-third of the commercial districts of the city were burned to the ground. HSCI was burnt down. In order not to distort the study of the 900 students, the Board of Trustees decided on the resumption of classes few days after the fire.

So the school was transferred to a rented building in Guanco Street. The Board of Trustees, the Iloilo Chinese Chamber of Commerce and the school joined hands to form a “School Fund Drive Committee”. The Overseas Chinese Daily Publications Corporation quartered in Manila offered to help in the Fund Drive Campaign.

The construction of the first school building started in July 1967, was completed in May 1968 and put into use in June of the same year.

In 1975, HSCI was recognized under the name of Iloilo Central Commercial High School or ICCHS. During this time, enrollees increased to 1800.

Because of the rapid increase of population, two more buildings were built. The Cho Tiak Hall and the Po Kim Bi Hall were renovated in 1984.

HSCI was Grand Slam Champion in the basketball field.

The Alumni Association sponsored a “Light for Progress” movement- rallying alumni, parents and friends from all walks of life throughout the country to raise funds for the procurement of an adjacent lot (with an area of 1225 square meters) upon which a beautiful Alumni Park and a modernized Kindergarten Department were constructed. These facilities were turned over to the school during its 75th Foundation Day.

In 1992 the Board of Trustees began construction of a school building adjoining the Antonio Uy Si Kai stage. The new five-storey building houses the school canteen in the ground floor, which sells books and other school materials and snacks. The ten classrooms at each level answered the perennial problem of the lack of classrooms.

The second floor has a T.H.E. Room on the second floor, an air-conditioned and Speech Laboratory and Computer Rooms at the third and fourth level. On the fifth floor is the air-conditioned Alumni Hall with a Conference and Audio-Visual rooms.

As of 1996, the student population had increased to 2,000.

Each year HSCI has participated in activities undertaken by the Department of Education running water belt reviews, Culture and Sports, by the private sector and organizations in events like sports, cultural and academic competitions. Graduates in past years have passed 100% in the National Secondary Assessment Test (NSAT).

The school announced the opening of college business courses during the 2013 Chinese New Year Festival of Iloilo. The school will be renamed Hua Siong College of Iloilo, Inc. (HSCI) how to make tender beef steak.

The Main campus is located in Iznart Street, Iloilo City. The main and original Hua Siong. The main campus is known all around the city as one of the city’s finest and best campus when it comes to teaching. This campus strongly exerts the burning passion of the school’s four core values which are Loyalty, Courage, Sincerity and Diligence.

The Ledesco campus is located in the Ledesco Villages, being in a subdivision that is distant from the city, most of its students live in the dorm or the surrounding village. Ledesco campus has a parking lot dry pack waterproof case, a swimming pool, two basketball courts, a football field, and a dorm.

Christian von Koenigsegg

Christian Erland Harald von Koenigsegg (born July 2, 1972) is the founder of the Swedish high-performance automobile manufacturer Koenigsegg Automotive AB.

When Koenigsegg was five years old, he saw the Norwegian animated film Flåklypa Grand Prix; in the movie a local bicycle repairman makes his own racing car. This gave Koenigsegg the dream of creating the perfect sports car. After several years of planning he launched the Koenigsegg project in 1994. Designer David Craaford provided a design concept following Koenigsegg’s guidelines. The prototype enabled the foundation of Koenigsegg Automotive AB.

Koenigsegg and his wife, Halldora von Koenigsegg, are active in the company’s management.

Koenigsegg showed an interest in cars from an early age, starting at the age of five when he watched a stop-motion film, Flåklypa Grand Prix, about a bicycle builder who built a racing car, Il Tempo Gigante. When he was six years old running water belt reviews, he drove a go-kart for the first time in his life, and he vividly recalls this as „one of the best days of his life“. His first summer job was at a Suzuki dealership outside of Stockholm, Sweden, cleaning cars. At around this time, his hobby was tuning mopeds and was well known in his area.

Another novel idea of Koenigsegg’s is triplex suspension; a rear suspension system used in current Koenigsegg models that allows for maximum comfort, and straight-line speed. It uses a transversely-mounted shock-absorber that connects the two rear wheels, as well as independent suspension systems for each wheel fabric bobble remover. Another innovation that the company is pursuing is free valve technology. This is a technology that uses electronics and air-pressure to actuate intake and exhaust valves with very high precision and unlimited control of timing, instead of the traditional camshaft technology for their cars, allowing for engines to be much more efficient by reducing weight and size of engines, while making each cylinder able to be controlled independently, allowing for more complete combustion.

In 2003, a fire devastated the factory. Although the building was destroyed, most of the equipment and all of the cars under production were saved. They moved to their current location, a former Swedish airplane hangar. In 2004, a new model was introduced, the Koenigsegg CCR. Up until then, Koenigsegg’s cars only complied with regional safety and emissions tests, but with the Koenigsegg CCX, released in 2005, they were able to expand to the whole world. In 2010, Koenigsegg came out with their Koenigsegg Agera. In 2014, Koenigsegg built the Koenigsegg One:1, a mega car(having 1,341bhp, or 1 megawatt of power), with a power to weight ratio of 1 to 1. In 2015, Koenigsegg released the Koenigsegg Regera running holder, a high performance luxury supercar, at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show in March. At the same time, they released the Agera RS.

MCM Rucksack | Kelme Outlet | maje dresses outlet| maje dresses for sale

kelme paul frank outlet new balance outlet bogner outlet le coq sportif outlet Söckchen Plädoyer für Socken schwingenden Röcken